The perfect brunch recipe: Turkish Spiced Eggs
Try our fan-favourite at home this weekend. This recipe will be a winner in any household and makes for the perfect brunch!
Turkish Spiced Eggs
Makes 1 serve
¼ cup white vinegar
1 whole Pita Bread
1 tbsp. Olive oil
Pinch chili flakes
2 tbsp. Greek yoghurt
2 cups baby spinach
2 tbsp. basil pesto
1 tsp. Dukkah
- Place a 1L of water in a pot with the white vinegar. Bring the water to the boil.
- Heat a pan on the stove to medium heat and toast the pita bread until it is brown and crispy. Cut into four so it makes triangles
- In the hot pan following the pita bread, place the spinach and cook until it is soft. Set aside.
- With the boiling water, turn down the heat slightly so that it simmers. Crack the eggs into the pot and cook for approx. 2 minutes. Check before removing, that the eggs are firm enough to remove, but still soft to touch. When the eggs are cooked, take them out of the water and place them onto paper towel to drain off the remaining water
- To plate up, place the yoghurt into the middle of the plate, and swirl the spoon to form a circle.
- Place the spinach onto the middle of the plate, and the eggs on top of the spinach
- Drizzle the pesto around the plate.
- Combine the oil and chili, then drizzle over the eggs. Sprinkle on the dukkha on top of the eggs.
- Place the flatbread on the side of the plate, and serve with a wedge of lemon.