Here at Jamaica Blue, we’re focused on helping you escape and refresh, and that includes keeping in mind the safety and health of our Jamaica Blue community – that’s you, our customers, as well as our team members.
In light of the ever-evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19), we’ve been closely monitoring this in real-time based on the advice of the Australian Government Department of Health, Food Standards Australia and New Zealand and reviewing our approach regularly.
While we have always had strict hygiene practices and cleanliness standards in our cafes, we have implemented additional precautionary measures including:
- Health & Safety – Increased cleaning, quality control and hygiene procedures have been put in place. We’ve increased the cleaning and sanitising of all contact surfaces including our registers, EFTPOS keypads, tabletops, benches and floors. Our crew are regularly washing their hands, and as always, wearing gloves and using tongs as they prepare your meal.
- Payment – Please use tap and pay as your first option, if you’ve only got cash we will use hand santitiser immediately after the transaction, and we advise you to do the same.
- Loyalty – If you have the Jamaica Blue Loyalty App or Card, we ask that you scan it yourself and refrain from passing it to our crew members to scan.
- Reusable Cups – We’re putting a temporary pause on the use of personal, reusable cups.
- Disposables –All beverages and food served with disposable cups, plates and cutlery.
- Take Away Orders – Our crew will place the bag on the counter for you to pick up, rather than directly handing it to you.
All our crew have undertaken specific COVID-19 training and any crew who feels unwell will be requested to stay at home and we encourage our customers to do the same.
We remain committed to doing everything we can to put the health and safety of our Jamaica Blue community first. Rest assured, our cafes are open, operating and here to provide you a place to escape & refresh.
If you have any concerns, please contact our customer experience team at email@example.com.
The Jamaica Blue Team